Friday, August 12, 2005

Prem Preview (Sunderland vs Charlton)


Sunderland are one of the few teams I am going to criticize. I think they have signed too many new players (although their latest signing Andy Gray will be a positive addition), I think when teams do that, too early, the team becomes disrupted. I think the Black Cats have come a long way since the miserable Wilko days under Mick Mcarthy, but the BBC reports that Sunderland may field as many as 10 new signings on Saturday; I do not believe they have been given enough time to gel.

Charlton, on the other hand, are one of the Premierships surprise teams. You never know what you are going to get from them. They seem to peak in the middle of the season, but they just go downhill as the season comes to a close and it usually ends up costing them a European spot. I do not honestly know what to expect from this fixture, the Addicks have a host of injuries going into this game, and I am going to sit on the fence and call it a draw.

My Tip: Sunderland 0 Charlton 0 (This game could end up 4-4, but I believe that neither side will want to lose and 0-0 is a realistic prediction)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

British Blog Directory. Scottish Blog Directory.